Tuesday 29 September 2009

Good service is what we need


My BlackBerry started to fail on Saturday morning. The trackball - used like a mouse to navigate around the screen - stopped scrolling left/right, so I could only move up and down the left-most options on the menu! Slightly limiting!

I am on a business contract so I called into the T-Mobile shop in town and, although they tried to help, they couldn't fix the problem. "Dial 150," I was advised, "and follow the menu options. They'll send you a replacement within 24 hours."

The failure on the phone meant that I could not access any incoming texts, nor my address book. I mainly rely on the phone for emails, but two texts arrived ... and I had no idea who they were from. Frustrating.

To be fair to T-Mobile I waited until Monday to call them, and, just as I had been told, they quickly said they would send a new phone to arrive on Tuesday and, as I was nearing the end of my contract, I could choose a new phone for another contractual period. I thought that was good service.

The new phone should arrive any moment now - a BlackBerry Curve.

It's what you want when you're in business. Good service, and problems rectified quickly.

(Incidentally, although the trackball still doesn't work, I did find a way to access my texts. they weren't critical!)

2 comments:

  1. I'm in the market for a new phone. I'd be interested in hearing a follow up on what you think of the Blackberry Curve.

    ReplyDelete