Tuesday 29 December 2009

Christmas - a lovely nuisance!

I like Christmas, but from a business point of view, it's a bit of a pain in the neck!

It's not just a couple of days (Christmas Day, Boxing Day), or even three (add New Year's Day); it's at least a lost week (add the three days between Boxing Day and New Year's Day), and realistically, it's two lost weeks (finally add the week leading up to Christmas!).

A lovely period of festive fun! A fortnight of lost work opportunities - if you're in anything but retail. I wish retailers all the best, but as I'm not in retail the Christmas period is a nuisance.

People's availability to work is reduced (I use sub-contractors regularly), and companies wanting work often "shut down" partially, or even completely, during the two weeks.

I wish everyone a Happy Christmas (just missed it - I was busy having fun!), and a Prosperous New Year - and I can't wait to get to next Monday (first working day of 2010)!

No comments:

Post a Comment