Friday 6 May 2011

Shrinking directories - how long till they disappear?

We've all know it was coming, and this year it has happened.

Printed directories are shrinking.

Yellow Pages and the Thomson Local directories have recently arrived and they're both much smaller than they used to be. Not just in height and width dimensions, but also depth - they're much thinner than they used to be.

Shrinking directories: Yellow pages, a ruler, Thomson Local directory, a paperback book.

Like I say, we've known it was coming. No doubt many of us have stopped putting our businesses in either directory (I have been in both, but this year have chosen neither as a priority - though one gave me a "free" listing as part of my lnline package).

The trend towards online directories has been and is unstoppable. Yellow Pages and Thomson have to go with the trend. I wonder how long it will be before they disappear altogether.

See my website: http://www.pierrepontconsulting.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment