Wednesday 15 December 2010

Innovation will bring success

If December is a bit slow for your business, maybe it's a good time to take a moment to plan for 2011, if you've not already done so.

I always find looking forward to the future and making plans for the next year (or three) very exciting. It stimulates the mind and gives hope for a bright new year.

The economic situation in 2010 hasn't been great, and it's not likely to get a lot better in 2011. Consumers will have less money to spend and, whatever your business, you are likely to be affected by that. So it is worth putting that into your equation for planning for next year.

How are you going to overcome that?

Will it be by spending less, or by spending more (to eventually gain more), by taking more risks, or by taking less risks?

It is a firmly held belief among successful entrepreneurs (I've read the books!) that you have to take risks to become successful. That's not gung-ho, mad risks, but calculated risks where you understand the consequences of failure. But don't be held back.

I believe that 2011 should be a year for innovations; in the way we work, the way we market and sell, the way we produce and what we produce.

I don't have all the answers (I wish I did), but I believe innovation will bring success.

No comments:

Post a Comment